Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Packing and Getting Ready!

Wow! Its hard to believe that it is finally time to head to New York! It seems like just yesterday that we received news that we were going! I know I can speak for all of us when I say that we are all so excited for this next adventure! We are all so excited to share this adventure with you all as well! But before we can leave.... we have one very important task: Packing! Now I dont know about all of you, but I have not ever had to pack for a trip lasting 7 weeks! How in world do you pack for that? My first thought was please ship all contents of my closet to NY. Thanks. Haha.
 picture of my suitcase! :)
I will be honest and say that I was dreading packing for this because it just seemed so overwhelming! However, once I actually started it did get easier until I noticed how quickly my suitcase was filling up and I had not even put my shirts in yet. I then commented to my mom about how I thought the suitcase was alot bigger than it actually was and maybe its shrinking? She thought that was pretty funny.  I definitley had to make some decisions on will I really wear this? How many times will I wear this? Can I wear this teaching and on the  weekends? Thankfully I was able to kind of think about what I wore my first 7 weeks, and base it off of that. 
Another thing I had to think about was A COAT! of course at some point it is going to start getting cold, so I will probably need a coat. Well I did not want to bring my big winter puffy winter coat that is essential for Minnesota Winters! So I had to get a little creative, and find a lighter weight coat, and somehow fit it in my suit case. We'll see if my suitcase weighs more than 50lbs tomorrow (I have a feeling it does). 
Well I should probably head to bed, we have an early flight tomorow! and a busy day tomorrow!
Quick Plan of Tomorrow:
Fly to NY
Go to Hotel
Get Subway tickets etc.
Dinner
Broadway Show! Jersey Boys!
So excited!

Ready or Not... Here come the Gustavus Ladies New York!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment