Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11- Make a Wish! Happy Weekend!

Happy Friday and Weekend! We are all currently winding down from our busy busy week this past week. Today was a little chilly in NY. But definitley not as chilly/cold as Minnesota gets, so I promise I'm not complaining about this weather. Anyway, we all had another great Friday at Dwight. We started off the morning with a Community Meeting. For the Community Meeting today, all the grades presented an abbreviated version of their PYP presentation. I personally liked this since I couldn't make it to the first and second grade PYP presentation yesterday. And I got to see 3rd and 5th's as well. They all were so good! I was very impressed by their presentations.  

Today was also 3-5's PYP presentation. Because of that, alot of the day was devoted to practicing for PYP so the students knew where to sit, when to walk in, etc. It was a little stressful, but it turned out great and everyone did a great job :)
After school, My parents, Heidi and I ventured to Times Square. Heidi and I have walked around there before, but since my parents had not we decided to go. Plus there was a restraurant in Times Square that we really wanted to go to.

There were SO MANY PEOPLE in Times Square! I mean I know New York has alot of people in general, but I just was surprised by how many people were in Times Square.
While we were walking around in Times Square, we passed by Crumbs Bakery and Heidi said they had the best cupcakes. Apparently a student brought in some cupcakes for a birthday and they were delicious. Well you know all she had to say was cupcake and we were there! Heidi and I both had a chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake, so good! and my parents are a german chocolate one. If you're ever in Times Square I definitely recommend going and getting a cupcake. Yes they are high in calories, but they are so so worth it!

We also saw alot of service people walking around Times Square.
Heidi and I decided to take a picture with a couple of them :)

We also went to the Disney Store. Haha I'm still a kid at heart :) 
 If I was younger I so would've
wanted to buy one of these and bring it home. I LOVED this stuff when I was little!

I thought this
thing was so cool!

After that, We decided to head to our dinner destination. This was a surprise for my parents  (they had no idea where we were going, and I was really excited to take them because I knew they both would love it. Maybe my mom more than my dad but I knew they would both enjoy it).
We went to Ellen's Stardust Diner. At this place the waiters and waitresses are people who want to be on Broadway so they sing songs while your eating! It was really cool! They sang songs from Mamma, Mia, Jersey Boys, so many others! Go if you are ever in NY! It is such a great experience! I would like to go back before we leave. I hope we can!

 We sat on the
upper level, so this is the view from the balcony. The waiters/ waitresses walk all over the restraurant when they are singing which is pretty cool.

That pretty much wraps up this wonderful Friday!
Hope you all enjoyed reading and have a great weekend!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for another update about our Saturday!

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment