Saturday, November 12, 2011

"The only reason why I ask other people how their weekend went is so I can tell them about my own weekend."


Itinerary for the weekend: Have as much fun as possible!


6:45 - Wake up, eat breakfast, work on lesson planning and TPA


10:00 - Leave home


11:00 - Arrive in Manhattan 


11:30 - Find Beacon's Closet (a consignment shop in Mid-Manhattan)


12:30 - Purchase 2 pairs of Zara shoes.  Original price for shoes: $250 apiece.  What I paid for shoes: $31 combined. (They're even real - no Chinatown knock-offs!)


12:45 - Sarah and crew goes to see Memphis on Broadway.  Heidi and I head over to Grimaldi's Pizza under the Brooklyn Bridge.


2:00 - Heidi and I arrive at Grimaldi's to find a GIGANTIC line (apparently it was ranked the top pizza parlor in NY back in 2005.)


2:30 - Skype date with my favorite "sister" Morgan - I hope you find our blog buddy!!


3:30 - Enter Grimaldi's Pizza.  The line moved fairly quickly; only 1.5 hours!  I got to see "Behind the scenes" as I waited for the bathroom.  Fun Fact: Grimaldi's uses coal burning stoves which result in a more authentic taste (apparently many NY ovens have wood burning stoves.)












3:45 - Pizza is on the table and looks DELICIOUS!!! It was one hopping pizza parlor! 
The chairs are set up so that your table touches your neighbor.  Needless to say, it's really cozy!


4:15 - Headed to cross the Brooklyn Bridge.  It was a GORGEOUS day to be outside! We even got some pictures of the sun setting like Mr. G recommended!




























4:30 - Still crossing the Brooklyn Bridge.  The walkway is being worked on, so we were surrounded by white tarps and metal sheets for a majority of the walk.  When we weren't surrounded, we were taking in pictures!  The bridge is JUST over one mile long.







5:00 - Head back to Manhattan. FAO Schwarz bound!  (For those of you that don't know, they sell candy and games... It took me a while!)


5:15 - Spend MOUNDS of time checking out the toys and candy in FAO.  Notice the $25,000 price tag on this Barbie foosball table!!




















5:30 - Watch two workers perform on "The BIG Piano."  Check it out; it's SO amazing!









5:45 - Heidi and I try out "The BIG Piano."  Funny enough, we were surrounded by children and looked like goons.  We had fun regardless.




















6:00 - Heidi and I meander over to the St. Patrick's Cathedral (despite the lack of sun for the stained glass windows.)


6:15 - Although mass is taking place, people are still allowed to walk around the church taking pictures and observing.  I would have thought there is some sort of unspoken religious law against that!  We were inside for a bit but hope to go back during the daytime.  


6:30 - Heidi and I make the trek over to the Rockefeller Center.













6:45 - The tree has been picked, the workers are busy setting up the walkways for when the tree is decorated.  Heidi and I prepare for Christmas by gazing at the pre-decorated Rockefeller Tree and the skating rink.  This is my FAVORITE time of the year!!!


7:00 - Heidi and I begin the long haul back home.


8:30 - We've arrived at home and are almost "too pooped to pop!" (as my third graders cheerily proclaim on Mondays.)  


9:00 - Another GREAT day comes to an end.  We're getting too old for these long days! ;)


Good night Minnesota!
-Megan









No comments:

Post a Comment