Monday, November 14, 2011

Deb - a friendly face to see!

Definitely
Everybody's
Buddy

Our wonderful supervisor Deb Pitton is here to observe us this week. It was really nice to have a familiar and friendly face in the classroom today. It was our first day that she was able to watch us in action. Megan and Sarah each taught one lesson today and I taught two lessons and a small group lesson. She made her way back and forth to each of our classrooms. I'm sure she got her work out moving up and down the stairs!

The students were a little more rowdy today then they normally are and I think it is due to the fact that it is Monday and we have an early release tomorrow. One thing the students and myself are looking forward to tomorrow is having a Spanish/English children's author come to visit for a whole period. It is only offered to first and second graders. Hopefully it should be educational to attend.

I feel like I had to do a little more with behavioral issues this afternoon because normally we go to the park for lunch but since we had soup we ate in the classroom so the students didn't have a chance to go to the park until 1:40ish. There was still the issue from 12:30 till 1:40 of handling situations. I do feel that the students are starting to trust me that I can assist and solve problems they may be having. The first couple of days they would always run and ask Ms. Thompson or Ms. Wyliee, which was fine but when I was standing right next to them it was hard for them to realize my role yet in the classroom. I do think we have established it a little better now! The students aren't afraid to approach me with any situation.

Tomorrow with the early release the students get out at 11:35 and all of us have lunch and a meeting from 12:30 till 2. It is suppose to be about the math Dwight is working on. Following the meeting the teachers are given a chance to work on the student reports. Luckily my teachers aren't too stressed because they have 13 of the 16 students already done. Tomorrow should hopefully be a relaxing day for them. The three of us will be working on our own things such as lesson plans and the TPA.

 We are also meeting up with some gustie alumni tomorrow night for dinner. It should be fun to hear their story of life after GAC!

-Heidi



 

No comments:

Post a Comment